day 18 internal pip

I went the whole hog with the incubator. I thought if he is treating me I would get the best I could. I got the octagon 20 advance EX with humidity pump. It's. It's a fab incubator really is set and leave one. Because the pump does the humidity management for you it takes a lot of worry out of incubation. The only trouble I had at first was getting the pump going right. It was taking forever to get the water into the incubator. But I found if you sucked the water through the tube before wrapping round the top of the pump it was fine. Have had great results with it. Never below 80% hatch and have had 3 100% hatches with it.

The free ranging I usually do about an hour. They really are more happy in the run they tend to go back in of their own accord when they get bored. Or are quite happy sitting on knees having cuddles. Proper little lap chickens. This is my son with his little mates. They also make great pirate parrots. Love sitting on shoulders too!! Crazy little things.

I love your 'lap chickens'
love.gif
My barred rocks like treats but prefer not to be held. I'm hoping my flock additions are more inclined to be lap chickens lol

Well I had the one hatch and one more hatched yesterday morning. Nothing at all since the second one hatched. Today is day 21. I don't see or hear anything at all. I'm starting to worry that I'm only getting 2 fuzzies. I did have a breaker flip so power went out to the room where I'm keeping them for awhile and the humidity dropped to 48 and the temp to 95 by the time I noticed. One of my younger children opened the lid to inspect the eggs while I was outside feeding critters and again a little bit ago while I was doing laundry and had the 2 new chicks on my bed. I put the bator out of reach. I'm hoping all that fussing didn't affect anything.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom