Day 18 tomorrow and I...

lilshadow

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
Milaca, MN
am not sure what to do. Could someone tell me what it is I need to do. I have 14 banty eggs in my incubator, and have waited non to patiently..lol. I have gotten this far but not sure what to do now. I know that I stop turning as of tomorrow, but can I open it or not, and what if I need water in there for the humidity or should I take care of that tonight. I candled last night and saw 4 for sure that were moving, but now sure about the others, they looked dark, and the air cell was a weird shape not round like the pics. Can you tell I am nervous. My first attempt was a flop because the eggs were not fertile. That's a beginner for you. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Veronica

ok veronica as far as i know (im a newbie too) you just quit turning them. you dont open the bator unless you ahve to for example to add more water fro humidity but that is it. your supposed to just leave them alone for the most part. hope this helps

Thanks it does help alot. We will see how it goes..wish me luck on my first hatch.
smile.png

Lets see if I can help alittle here...You stop your turning on day 18, in the evening... That's when you can also add more water to make sure your humidity is between 60 to 70%......candle your eggs if you want to... you might see movement or just dark space thats good...

If you get your humidity to those ranges you shouldn't need to open the bator.....its ok to quickly open to get more water in...just don't do this alot!!..it brings the temps down ...

Just be patient and watch from the window of the bator...This is the hard part...Do not open...lol

Last edited:
LOL...yes it is hard, I am sitting on pins and needles with this. Do I need to plug up the vents in the incubator?

woke up and my temp was at 105.8
ep.gif
adjusted it. what happens if my humidity goes over 80 % is that going to be a problem? I have probably killed these poor chicks.. Let's hope not:fl

Back
Top Bottom