Day 18?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by UrbanFarmChix, Apr 2, 2009.

1. UrbanFarmChix

UrbanFarmChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Ok, so on day 18 the eggs need to stop being tilted. But do I take them out at the end of day 18 or the beginning? I added them to the bator at 12:00am Tuesday the 17th. Yes, that could also called late Monday night. I always seem to be up late. So tomorrow should be day 18 and time to switch to an egg carton and up the humidity. But then it's really a 4 day wait, including day 21??? I think I'm making this harder than it really is! [​IMG] When do the eggs need to stop tilting? [​IMG]
    Thanks

2. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    What do you mean "switch to an egg carton?"

You stop turning eggs on day 17: for most that means the end of day 17.

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Day 18 you need to place them on either a flat surface or in a carton. If you put them in at 12 midnight, isn't that the next day? I'd tend to the eggs very late the night of the 17 or early morning 18.

Either way, they will hatch, keeping in mind not to turn the egg from end to end, this my cause more physical harm to your baby. It may hatch out the pointed end with no air space.

You leave them alone for those 3 days guess what your going to find some morning when you wake up!

4. UrbanFarmChix

UrbanFarmChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Goodness that means turning ends today! We can't wait. The time went so slowly and yet here we are. [​IMG] I tried candeling again on day 14, but it was super hard to see what was going on. Nothing like day 10. 4 days makes a big difference. So my fingers are crossed that everyone is still doing well.

Thank you so much spook & saladin for your help and feedback. [​IMG] The adventure continues.....

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by