Day 19 Can't Wait, Anyone else Waiting!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gervais22, May 26, 2008.

1. gervais22

gervais22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Ontario
    It's day 19 for my chick and 26 for my duck.

I can't wait any longer.

When will they internally pip, or pip the egg???????

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  2. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Seems to me there are so many good answers to this [​IMG]
    First and foremost.. when they are ready.
    Also: when you go to sleep, when you go to work, when you go shopping, when you take a shower.... Anytime when you're not around to see it!!
    Good luck for a super hatch!!! [​IMG]

3. gervais22

gervais22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Ontario
    OOOOOOOOOOO, I'm just going to leave them.

Any one else waiting?

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm on Day 19 with my lone egg in the bator, the one that was unexpectedly fertile after three weeks away from a rooster and two days in the fridge. We had it under a broody as a "filler" egg to replace a quitter egg and when hers hatched, we found it actually had veins. This is my Barred Rock cockerel, Zane, over my Blue Ameraucana, Charlotte.

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I'm on day 19 too! It's SO frustrating to wait isn't it!~ I'm a SAHM so I'm HOPING to catch the action but I'm assuming they will hatch while I sleep! It's my very first hatch with eggs that were shipped so i HOPE that they are all ok. Not much movement in the last candle at all...if any! [​IMG]

6. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    We are on day 18, I have some of maria halls Jersey giants ready to come off the turner. There are 7 eggs, recieved 9. One died in embryo last week don't know what happened and one was not fertile. I can't wait.

7. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have 2 hens sitting on eggs that I believe are on day 18 or 19. I am about to go down to the coop and take a hen off to let her stretch and eat and I peer very closely at the eggs to see if I can see any pipping. [​IMG]
    I am really not sure if any are 21 days along though. I am just too excited as these are Silkie eggs under my Cochin hens. I can't wait either!
    With 70 chicks in the brooder you would think I would not be this excited but there is just something about a hatching chick that is just too kewl![​IMG]

8. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Mine on day 21 aren't doing anything yet and as the hen that laid them passed away yesterday I am super nervous. I WANT her babies! My Red Phoenix eggs off ebay two have tiny cracks in them now and are really rocking around and they are only suppossed to be on Day 18! I'm so excited. This is my first hatch ever and I am super nervous. I am esp. nervous about my own hens eggs though. I NEED them to hatch.

9. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm on Day 20.

A A R G H....

This is my first hatch in the 1588. Eggs came from a local source. I so hope it's successful. More than because I need these chicks, I just need to know I can do it.

I've got more eggs on the way, and I'd just hate to lose these since the next batches will be shipped, and that seems to me to be less reliable.

If I can't do it this way I'm gonna be in big trouble....

Please, please, please.....

Oh please, please, please.....

Okay....I'm done....back to waiting and watching....

Susan

10. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    I am also on day 18!! I just love my chickies and hatching them from my incubator--I am addicted for sure after only starting a year ago. No one else in my family is very interested. I am a lone chickenholic in these parts! But what a great website this is! This is my first post here, but I have been reading & learning a ton from you all! Hope all your chicks hatch! It is so hard waiting! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by