Day 2 with ten chicks

Hoberanger

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2020
HI
I am need of lots of chicken information. We been talking about getting chickens for a long time. As crazy as it seems with everything going on now seemed to be a great time. I am now a virtual teacher for a few weeks if not longer, so I can have class pets!! Yesterday we went to get 4 chicks but somehow we ended up with 10. We got a mix of silkies, Barred Rock, Rhode Island Red and Golden & Black Sex links. Our plans for a coop is going to need to be changed to something larger. We crafters and love to build with recyced material. Looking forward to learning all abour chickens.
IMG_20200327_134306.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_134306.jpg
    IMG_20200327_134306.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 0
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Those little fluff balls are going to outgrow that brooder in about 2-3 weeks!
There are lots of great ideas on the Coop pages in the Articles where people made very nice coops from free pallets and other recycled materials. Good luck finding something and get going right away. Those chicks are going to need a new home very, very soon!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Those little fluff balls are going to outgrow that brooder in about 2-3 weeks!
There are lots of great ideas on the Coop pages in the Articles where people made very nice coops from free pallets and other recycled materials. Good luck finding something and get going right away. Those chicks are going to need a new home very, very soon!
Thanks I am already look at some. There are some really creative people in this group.

Back
Top Bottom