Day 20 and no movement or pip!

ChickM

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2021
Hi,
I am on day 20 of incubating chicken eggs and so far there is no movement or pips at all! On my last candling on day 18 before they moved into lockdown they looked good but I haven't seen the eggs move throughout the entire incubation period and I still don't see any movement while the eggs are in lockdown. I am starting to worry. is it normal for the eggs not to be moving and for the eggs not to have pipped on day 20?

Hi,
I am on day 20 of incubating chicken eggs and so far there is no movement or pips at all! On my last candling on day 18 before they moved into lockdown they looked good but I haven't seen the eggs move throughout the entire incubation period and I still don't see any movement while the eggs are in lockdown. I am starting to worry. is it normal for the eggs not to be moving and for the eggs not to have pipped on day 20?
Depending on temp while incubating they could be early or late. Just be patient. Go read a book, catch up on your dusting, vacuum, do the dishes, watch a movie, go for a walk remove some stress.

Depending on temp while incubating they could be early or late. Just be patient. Go read a book, catch up on your dusting, vacuum, do the dishes, watch a movie, go for a walk remove some stress.
I agree just do NOT OPEN THE LID , the humidity / temp at this point is critical. Hang in there!!!!

Back
Top Bottom