Day 20 chicks hatching some ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dorothy1324, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Dorothy1324

Dorothy1324 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    ok so day 20 here one chick hatched many more piped my questionis do i open the bator to take out the hatchlings after they hatch or just leave them in there untill all hatch what if it takes another couple of days for all of them to hatch?

2. Big Chicken Little

Big Chicken Little Chillin' With My Peeps

My vote is to quickly remove the hatched ones keeping in the heat

3. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    They can stay in the incubator for up to three days. They dont need any food or water for that time period, and the heat of the incubator is just fine for them. Chicks under a hen wouldnt come out from under her until she was satisfied all had hatched anyway. She'd continue to sit on them, hatchlings and eggs for a long while.

Certainly dont remove them until they are completely dry, if you're dead set on moving them sooner.

4. Cherlyn

Cherlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    I agree with Amosunknown...

5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Yep - what they said. Do not remove until hatch is over. That being said, sometimes they get extremely hot. Depends on your bator, I think. If you see them panting, you really should pull out, IMO.

6. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    Make sure they are dry and moveing around good 4 to 6 hours does this most of time move thelm quickly. and get the lid back on i did find in the hatch that just came off over 2.5 days that after i moved chicks out more hatched quickly after seamed to give thelm and extria fight.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by