~ Day 20 & I have CHICKS & PIPS ~

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SundownWaterfowl, Jun 4, 2008.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Today is day 20 for my eggs, and they are pipping and hatching. I have 8 Silver Sebright eggs under one of my hens, 6 are out, 1 is ready to push out and 1 is through the air sac. I have 5 Silver Sebrights in the incubator and they are all out.

I also have 4 Silkies and 1 mixed bantam egg in the incubator. 1 of the Silkies is pipping through the shell.
    I am so excited. They are very cute! I will post pictures when they are all out.

I hatched them in an egg carton, and I dont think I will ever go back. The incubator stays clean, without the goop all over. It also seems alot faster. Like the chicks are hatching faster.

Wish me luck with the other 3 Silkie eggs. (Last hatch I only had 1 Silkie hatch, while the others died in the shell after getting through the air sac. I was having problems with the humidity. So that was probably why)

2. annrich

annrich Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    congrats

3. Kelly FG

Kelly FG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Ridge
    can't wait to see pics!!!!1

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Thanks. I will be posting pics in a little while.

5. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    SE PA
    Yeah!!! Congratulations!

6. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Pictures, pictures, we want pictures!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by