Day 20 incubated eggs, pipped at bottom!! Ayam Cemani chicks.!

MattieSalinas17

In the Brooder
Dec 16, 2021
We made it to day 20 with our eggs all candling looked great up until lock down at day 18… this morning we noticed two eggs have pipped, however they pipped at the bottom side portion of their eggs is this normal? Is this okay? If you’ve experienced this in the past did you leave them be or intervene?

We made it to day 20 with our eggs all candling looked great up until lock down at day 18… this morning we noticed two eggs have pipped, however they pipped at the bottom side portion of their eggs is this normal? Is this okay? If you’ve experienced this in the past did you leave them be or intervene?
When I have this happen, I just flip them, so the pips are upwards. But I wouldn't worry too much, unless the the platform has a solid bottom, instead of a grid.

Thank you all! I did end up intervening after the 24 hour mark, the little chick was still moving and pushing pushing at his pip and just had no luck, I gently cracked a little further around the pip and glad I did the membrane had dried out and was stuck around his neck he would have never made it out!

Three healthy chicks where hatched :)

Attachments

• 1A00F1C0-F0D0-4661-80A2-FA4B84C9C0A4.jpeg
    1A00F1C0-F0D0-4661-80A2-FA4B84C9C0A4.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom