Day 20, no peeping or movement. Should I be worried?

Corey NC

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
North Carolina
Everything has been good, I did have a spike of 102 for a little while, would that kill them? When usually does the peeping and the rocking start.

Corey, sometimes they don't peep or rock till the first pip. My little Scout, Jr, in the brooder didn't do either one. Suddenly, there was a pip and that was the first indication that he was alive. My Black Orp baby, however, started rocking his egg on Day 18. It just depends. This is the most nerve wracking time!!
barnie.gif
I doubt a spike like that for a brief period will do them in. Hey, start chirping to them and watch when you do it-you may encourage one to move a little.

I want them to hatch, too! Caroline's babies have been very strong in hatching for several people, so I'm not too worried about hers at all. And the Ameraucanas seem pretty good, too, so I bet you'll have a decent hatch. Just keep that humidity up to 70% and wait it out.

I never saw rocking or as hubby says ( he is my ears) peeping in my hatches til the day they start to pip....

Some of mine didn't do anything until they started hatching. There was one I was sure would not hatch because it was an unusual shape, but that chick pipped and hatched in about 2 hours. It didn't cheep until it had almost hatched, or move.

Back
Top Bottom