Day 20...Six of Eight Hatched! Hatch Completed PIC

Quote:
I think she has said before that she sells them at her feed store/farm store. Sure wish I could get one shipped to my place
idunno.gif

I've had good luck actually selling them of late. None have been at the feedstore for quite awhile. I've never eaten them and don't plan to. Of course, all plans subject to change at the Chicken Aslyum here on the hill.
This morning, Day 20, I have four eggs pipped, all Ameraucanas. Two are Charlotte's and two are Silver's. That leaves two Ameraucanas, both Charlotte's and both Orps left to pip.

She's OUT! Charlotte's baby had no trouble hatching a day early. It's black as midnight and seems more dainty than some of the others, especially the ones that have expired because they were too large to pip. Hope this means it's a girl..
fl.gif
It came out bright eyed with a very clean hatch. Two others are pipped, one of those also being Charlotte's, but the two that have not are Charlotte's as well. The two Orps haven't pipped yet, but I've seen one of them rocking some, so maybe soon.
DCP_8623.jpg

CONGRATS ON THE NEW BORN BABY CHICK, IT IS SO CUTE. Congrats on the new baby chick spekeledhen.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
YAY.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
We're ending Day 20 tonight. Out of the eight eggs total, one has hatched, four are pipped. Two of the pipped eggs belong to my Ameraucana, Charlotte, whose chicks sometimes have trouble pipping due to their size, but so far, this bunch is doing better. Of the three not yet pipped, one is Charlotte's and two are Blue Orpingtons from Suede and his ladies. The baby that hatched early this morning is Charlotte's baby, too.
I sure would like those Orps to pip soon!

Another Ameraucana hatched, Silver's baby, another very black baby. Clean hatch. Charlotte's other two are pipped, but one hadn't. Since some of hers had trouble previously, we pipped the air cell and found that that chick had deceased prior to Day 18, perhaps on Day 15or 16, so it wasn't a case of not being able to pip with that one. My two Orps haven't pipped yet and now I'm going to worry. I've never had trouble with them hatching, so there's no real reason to worry-tomorrow is Day 21.

Back
Top Bottom