Day 20 with questions

deeleechic

Hatching
Feb 7, 2017
Hi all, I'm new to BYC. I have my second attempt at incubating some BCM eggs. My first hatch attempt was unsuccessful. Eggtopsies revealed some early demise. It's day 20 of my second attempt. Since these eggs are so dark, i did the float test on day 18. None of my eggs sank. All of them floated just about 10% above the water. 2 eggs wobbled. Some did nothing and some spun around the bowl. My question is about the spinning. Are the eggs that spin in place or around the perimeter of my water vessel likely to be alive?

Also, my humidity went from 62 to 61 today. If it continues to drop i will need to open the incubator to add water. Do this? or leave it be?

What type of incubator? Some have vent holes on top maybe you could run a straw down one of those to add water.

But if your just adding water popping the lid and adding some should not be a problem.

61 is a tad low but when they pip and start to hatch humidity will jump up.

Even if you cannot see in egg, at this stage you should not be able to anyhow, you should see the air cells and just keep an eye on that.

this is day 20 the ones above hatched over night, the below one just hatched has not dried in time for pictures. (blue dot is shell it came from.) more pips and at least one dud.

I have eggtopsied all of my egg except one. They had all died early. This one i still have moved a lot during the float test 3 days ago. No pips, no peeps. Thought for sure it must have died since its Saturday afternoon (day 24). I just did the float test again. Still have movement. Seems a though the air sac is getting larger. Any suggestions???

Back
Top Bottom