Day 21 and no signs

BrentsBeginning

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2015
21 hours into my first day 21 of hatching chicken eggs and no signs of them hatching at all. I have listened for peeping, nothing. No pipping but almost all were fully development and 11/12 were almost fully developed. Please help.

Just give them some time. We'll also need more info to be able to help you.

What was your temperature and humidity during the first 18 days? What's your lockdown humidity? Did you calibrate your thermometer(s) and hygrometer(s) before you got started? What type of incubator are you using? Any temp swings or spikes?

The temp was a steady 99.6-100.5.
Humidity was 45-50 during days1-18 then 18-noe is 55-57 I started the incubator 1 day before putting eggs in and everything was fine and no sudden jumps or decreases in temp or humidity. The incubator is a little giant forced air incubator with automatic turner which I took out on day 18.

should hatch on day 21 and will hatch on day 21 are not the same thing. Unless you are running the incubator constantly batch after batch then use day 21 as a guide and don't worry till day 23. Your numbers look good (if everything was calibrated) so its just a case of waiting.

Humidity was 45-50 during days1-18 then 18-noe is 55-57 I started the incubator 1 day before putting eggs in and everything was fine and no sudden jumps or decreases in temp or humidity. The incubator is a little giant forced air incubator with automatic turner which I took out on day 18.

Okay, a very important question was left unanswered. Did you calibrate your thermometer(s) and hygrometer(s)?

And I'll ask a couple more. Is your LG one of the new 9300s or 10300s? If so, are you relying on the digital readout for your temp and humidity? I ask because I have an LG 9300 and the readout the incubator gives is WAY off for both temp and humidity...and a bunch of other people have found the same to be true for those particular incubators.

Last edited:

I am on day 9 with the little giant 10300 too. Mine has digital read out and the packaging says that the humidity us only accurate between like 50-60% otherwise it won't read right. 8 have 2 other hygrometer/thermometers I use and adjust the LG to make those in the right temp range. I am taking the Turner out at day 18 too and plan to up my humidity to like 65-70%. I plan to give my babies u til day 25 just to be safe. Be patient I'm sure they will all just start popping out at once
1f604.png

If I put the eggs in on the 27th of December at 6pm then what would the 1 day be the 27th or the 28th?

I'm not sure how they count that but I know it's supposed to be if you put the eggs in on a Saturday they are supposed to hatch 3 Saturdays from then. I sat my eggs on the 9th so I'm expecting them to hatch somewhere around the 30th. Be patient and give them some time.

Back
Top Bottom