Day 21 no external pip.

Pics
I’m sorry. Don’t beat yourself up over it though cause there are lots of things that could go wrong. S*** happens sometimes. Power outages never help and prolonged periods of high humidity levels don’t either.

I think the most important thing is to keep learning from previous mistakes and past experiences so that we can always move on and do better next time.

Hopefully everything works out :fl
I’m off to bed now as it is 1:40am here and I have to get up early

Earlier this year I lost a chick to malpositioning. The sadness inspired me to write this article. You can spend 5-10min reading it if you begin to get concerned... (-Read the important bits in red and/or the "Things to learn:" section at the bottom if you don't have much time.)

I will say that if you ever have an egg that's been squirming for awhile, and it still has not internally pipped, there is no problem at all with you carefully breaking-into and exposing the air-cell, and oiling the membrane to make it translucent to see what's going on. A squirming chick at this stage is trying to pip, -it is trying to breathe anything. If the chick is malpositioned yet can't seem to internally pip, carefully cutting holes into that aircell membrane may very well save its life. It would have saved mine...

But, I might be getting ahead of myself.....
Give them a bit more time, I guess.

I wish you the best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom