Day 21 no internal or external pips

1 pipped the wrong way.. when do you think I should assist if needed? It pip at 3pm EST the wrong way. far from airsac 😖
With a wrong-end pip, it’s actually recommended to wait longer before assisting because it’s an internal and external pip at the same time. It can breathe, so don’t panic. :) I think I’ve heard 48 hours before assist as a timeline but I can check that for you.

With a wrong-end pip, it’s actually recommended to wait longer before assisting because it’s an internal and external pip at the same time. It can breathe, so don’t panic. :) I think I’ve heard 48 hours before assist as a timeline but I can check that for you.
It looks like it breathes okay, it actually the first one to break apart a piece of its shell. No one has come out yet but the chirps are getting louder

It looks like it breathes okay, it actually the first one to break apart a piece of its shell. No one has come out yet but the chirps are getting louder
This waiting game is nerve wracking...don't rush things. Let them do the work.

Hi! Thought I’d tag along in this older thread than creating new one.
I have similar situation on Day 21 today and no pipping but the eggs were moving last night. It’s by far the longest 3 days of my life since lockdown 😅.
Question: Is it okay to water test them at the end of day today if still no pipping? I read from here that opening the incubator lid on lockdown can cause serious issues..

Thank you as always 🤗🙏🏼
DONT BE DUNKING the eggs in water. A lot goes into the hatching process and some things we dont see or know when event are happening, 21 days is the average rule.

At this point, I would suggest candling the eggs if none have externally pipped. Use a very bright light and look for shadowing, or other signs such as live veins, listen for them, and any faint movements. If you are seeing life, leave the eggs alone. If you watch them very closely many times you can see them moving. If an egg has not internally pipped in a day or two it might be a later term quitter.

Give the eggs more time if you see life.

The opening of the incubator becomes an issue when an egg has externally pipped. The instant drop in the humidity causes shrink wrapping of the inner egg membrane around the chick. If no eggs have externally piped you can open [quickly] to check an egg. If you think an egg might be externally pipping soon, dont open the Bator. The humidity won't be up to proper level. Once the chicks start to hatch, they create more humidity. I have had to open the incubator when an already hatched chick made his way into the water bowl.

Sounds like patients might be your best friend, I know it's not easy to let the chicks do what they need to do :). Good luck! <3

DONT BE DUNKING the eggs in water. A lot goes into the hatching process and some things we dont see or know when event are happening, 21 days is the average rule.

At this point, I would suggest candling the eggs if none have externally pipped. Use a very bright light and look for shadowing, or other signs such as live veins, listen for them, and any faint movements. If you are seeing life, leave the eggs alone. If you watch them very closely many times you can see them moving. If an egg has not internally pipped in a day or two it might be a later term quitter.

Give the eggs more time if you see life.

The opening of the incubator becomes an issue when an egg has externally pipped. The instant drop in the humidity causes shrink wrapping of the inner egg membrane around the chick. If no eggs have externally piped you can open [quickly] to check an egg. If you think an egg might be externally pipping soon, dont open the Bator. The humidity won't be up to proper level. Once the chicks start to hatch, they create more humidity. I have had to open the incubator when an already hatched chick made his way into the water bowl.

Sounds like patients might be your best friend, I know it's not easy to let the chicks do what they need to do :). Good luck! <3
hi many thanks for taking the time sharing great advice. I’m doing my best to be patient. I’m wode awake 12am watching them hatch 🤪

Back
Top Bottom