Day 21 no pipping or chirping

55 percent may work for your hatching humidity, but if you need to raise it add more water surface ( not just volume) Sometimes adding a sponge or wash cloth can help.

It's at 65% now I added a damp paper towel, fingers crossed some pipping soon
I have 3 babies so far, 3 out of the 7 haven't pipped yet.
My first 2 to hatch 10 hours ago are really thrashing about in there pushing everything else around so much I'm contemplating taking them out?
55 percent may work for your hatching humidity, but if you need to raise it add more water surface ( not just volume) Sometimes adding a sponge or wash cloth can help.

It's ok for them to push the eggs around. Are they fluffy yet? Can you share pictures?
It's 5am here so bit dark they hatched at 7pm and yes the first 2 are quite fluffy I worry as they are on top of a freshly hatched baby that looks quite small and they are eating egg shells?
My incubator is very small and hard to see in also

Attachments

• IMG20220109044615.jpg
    IMG20220109044615.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 16
Some say not to open the incubator or you risk shrink wrapping the eggs which haven't hatched. But I've done it with no problems. Is your brooder set up, nice & warm for the newbies?
I took my first two out and they are in the brooder, leaving the last 2 hatched to rest peacefully.
I think the other 3 eggs are non viable I will wait another day before I try the water test.

Attachments

• received_470013037821225.jpeg
    received_470013037821225.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 14
I took my first two out and they are in the brooder, leaving the last 2 hatched to rest peacefully.
I think the other 3 eggs are non viable I will wait another day before I try the water test.
Don't do a float test it's for eating eggs not hatching eggs. Just try to candle again and take pictures, they could be a little behind.

Back
Top Bottom