Day 21

kaymelynn

Hatching
Jul 6, 2021
21 long days......my broody hen has been sitting on a clutch of 8 eggs. There seems to be no activity so far as I can tell. How long should I give the eggs before I intervene and take my broody off the nest? I have read 2-3 extra days, does that seem accurate?

Have you candled recently? the eggs could be slow if it was cooler or the hen got up a lot, also day 1 of incubation is technically the second day of setting.

Have you candled recently? the eggs could be slow if it was cooler or the hen got up a lot, also day 1 of incubation is technically the second day of setting.
My last candle was on day 10 or 11 and I was able to see blood supply and air sacks and in a few eggs clear movement. Her eggs are dark so its a little harder to see inside.

My last candle was on day 10 or 11 and I was able to see blood supply and air sacks and in a few eggs clear movement. Her eggs are dark so its a little harder to see inside.
21 long days......my broody hen has been sitting on a clutch of 8 eggs. There seems to be no activity so far as I can tell. How long should I give the eggs before I intervene and take my broody off the nest? I have read 2-3 extra days, does that seem accurate?
I'm having the same issue. No pip yet and we're beyond the point where the eggs are laid for the day(obviously collect daily). I did notice yesterday she got off at least 3 times with an outside temp of 89° and 60% humidity at like 4 pm. I'm getting concerned.

Back
Top Bottom