1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 21

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by marlene, Sep 6, 2011.

1. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Officialy day 21 as of late last night and nothing, not 1 sign that any thing is happening or going to happen as yet. I run downstairs this morning thinking i will be seeing some thing happening and i felt so upset when every thing was still the same as when i went to bed.
    This is nerve racking [​IMG]

2. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

3. marlene

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Thank you, keeping mine crossed aswel [​IMG]

4. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Marlene, what are you hatching? I have Blue and Black Mottled Duccle and Blue Marans And one surprize egg which I thought was a Porcelain Duccle, but NOT it is a CX x Mille no leg feathering was the dead give away.
    My [​IMG] also. good Luck
    Michele

5. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    me three [​IMG]

6. Whimsy

Whimsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Cecilia KY
    Good Luck..I am one week from today with BCM eggs.

7. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:I have BCM's and Blue and Black Marans hatching on 9/11. Crazy huh never even planned it that way, maybe it will be lucky. I also have Wynette's BCM that are due to hatch on 9/19. Good Luck Michele

8. marlene

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    I have 5 light sussex due today, i have another batch of 4 white silkies due next week wednesday.
    I had to go college today as it was my 1st day back but what ireally wanted to do was stay at home and watch my eggs [​IMG], i'm glad i did go cos i would of been driving myself mad staring at the bator.
    Well i could not wait to get back home and see if i had any thing happening, unfortunatelly nothing new, eggs are still sitting in bator, no moving, no sound and no pips [​IMG].
    How long do i wait if nothing happens?, tonight at midnight i will be hitting day 23.

9. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    You don't hear any very quiet peeping yet?? How were your temps during incubation??

10. marlene

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    I have tried putting me ear to see if i can hear some thing but no nothing, not a sound coming from the eggs.
    My temps have been good, i'm using a brand new brinsea mini which i did double check with another thermometer that the temp was right and it was spot on.
    When i candled on day 18 before lockdown they was all moving and looking good, i have kept the humidity at 70 since lockdown.
    I will give it a bit longer as i know a lot of people on here have had late hatches but how long do i leave it?.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by