Day 21

ahatchew

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 11, 2013
Today is day 21 and we still have no live hatches. We incubated 9 eggs and upon candling them last weekend saw all 9 looked viable including one that was moving. I took them outnof the turner on day 18 amd laid them down and put more water in to raise the humidity. I have opened the incubator a few times to let the kids check them out. Could this be the problem? We have noticed the eggs have moved. I started them all facing the same direction and now most have turned sideways. This is my fist time and im just at a loss. Also I have not noticed any cracks or "pips" but as a first time hatcher Im not sure I would botice.

After day 18 your supose to do lock down and raise humitity. At least thsts what I was told and I did, I got two chicks that hatched this morning.

I realize now I was supposed to lock down but this being my dirst time I hadnt realized that.

The incubator has been closed for over 24 hours now. We had one pip late last night/early this morning and it has been moving. However I have not heard any noises. Is this normal? How loud is the chirping normally? Also when the incubator was open it was only for a brief moment to check the water and add more. If this changes things.

We hatched 5/9 eggs. They hatched starting Mothers day evening into the next morning. They all hatched fairly well I just had to be patient and not get the shells off them myself which was hard. Lol. We had another one in another incubator at my daughters school that hatched sooner. So we had 6/12 eggs total hatch and all 6 chicks are soing well. :)

Back
Top Bottom