Day 21

regertif

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2015
Yay its finally here day 21 :) One baby had just came out of its shell. So exciting.... When I took the egg turner out I put the eggs in a egg carton with the bottom cut out like I read people advised on here. So the little one that's out is just crawling around on top of the other ones. I just want to double check that he is ok in there, and im suppose to just let him be. Im so excited and nervous lol

welcome-byc.gif
Congratulations!!! I hope any other eggs also do well!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! They will be fine I too always hatch in egg cartons in fact mine are hatching right now too. Just leave them be to get on with hatch, your hatcher will encourage the others. Here is a pic from earlier. The chick in the middle was first to hatch and is resting on top of the others. The two at the side just out and ready to pop out if the egg.

Wishing you the very best of luck with rest if your eggs, hope you have a great hatch :highfive:

Last edited:
Great thank you so much. This is my first time so im am nervous, anxious and excited. It seems I get different advice from everyone so I just don't want to mess up lol. One said leave hatched guys in there 4 hours one said over night. I don't want to open it and keep any others from not hatching

Great thank you so much. This is my first time so im am nervous, anxious and excited. It seems I get different advice from everyone so I just don't want to mess up lol. One said leave hatched guys in there 4 hours one said over night. I don't want to open it and keep any others from not hatching

Try not to panic and I know this is far easier said than done :hugs Everyone has differing ways of doing things but these are your eggs. For me personally I don't like to open the incubator untill hatch is done or after 24 hours and it's looking full of chicks. Others do like to take them out once they have dried but openng could risk shrink wrapping the chicks. This is just a risk it may or may not happen there is no way to tell. It can be tough to decide what to do but you have to do what you feel is right for you.

Happy hatching enjoy the experience :highfive:

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to our flock!
frow.gif
I'm glad you could join our community.

Congratulations on the hatched chick! Incubating and hatching eggs can be so much fun (and addicting, too!). I've never hatched in egg cartons, but I think that it is fine that the chick is crawling around on top of the carton. It won't hurt to leave him in for over 24 hours, and he will encourage other chicks to hatch.

Good luck with the rest of the hatch! Please keep us updated.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom