Day 22 and no peeping/pipping

Yes very disappointing! 18 eggs! Feel a bit sad really :eek:( all those little wasted lives!! Gutted if it's sOmething I have done wrong. I followed the incubators instructions to the letter ( they said don't add water till day 18) and the temp has been pretty much steady from day one as it is in my living room with no drafts etc. I am no expert and have got all my experience from Internet diagrams and thought that there was pretty definate growth on a lot of them. None of them smell so no rotten ones and they are a good shape and in perfect condition as far as I can tell! Roxannemc, What are spikes?? Hope your one gets a little friend soon x
Spikes ..like the temp goes up to 102 one day for a while?Or way low.. for some hours .but high is worse.
Were they shipped?
i forgotten. if you said Chicken eggs?
? Its best to go by your incubator instructions i guess but usually ppl have the humidity at about 30-50 until day 18 then 65-80 day 18-21. Some dont if the incubator is in a humid state like Florida or a in a basement if they find the incubator humidity inside is good .some have to get a dehumidifier for their room as they cant get it low enough!!
Could that be it?Humidity?
I tried a dry hatch last time.Read you get more hatch... humidity 30 then after day 18humidity 65.They all made it to the end but then died before hatch except one guy pipped and he died during... sadly shrink wrapped probably
I read my bators trouble shooter it said if they die at the end... wrong humidity or temp and temp was right
.Thats for 8 eggs
.This time i went with the standard...45-50 humidity
.This last batch from yesterday, I got only one guy, dont know why but today another group hatch day i see 2 pips so far so my first might have been the heat in the truck
These from here on i had them put a cool pack in.
So will see how that goes. I am not getting a lot of success so far either and my incubators keep good temps and i kept the humidty right .The hatch today and tomorrow will tell i guess if its the heat in shipping .
Thing is what i was told is everyone incubator and humdity is different in their house and state so everyone has to do what works for them
Good hatch keep it up .Bad.. get more eggs and change some things.See how it works.
If i were you i would try 40 or 45 humidity next time til day18.then r 75. to day 21 That is pretty much the norm for most ppl although as i say gotta experiment see what works. I am!
See if that isnt better GOOD LUCK NEXT HATCH!!!

hi, no they weren't shipped, got them from a guy we know. I have taken into account your advice about keeping humidity higher from the start. (even tho the incubator says don't put water in till day 18) and will keep very close eye on temperature to make sure there are no dips or highs this time. I have been to our friends today (who has a cockerel) and we have now got some more hopefully fertile eggs! You seem to know a lot more that I do so I hope I can contact you again if I have a question. Hope ur little guy is still ok!

Just got my NPIP. Yeah!
wee.gif

I have an appointment in 2 weeks to get the testing done for mine!
fl.gif
It seemed like a big deal when it was all going to happen and bit stressful, but honestly it went really smoothly. All the people involved from TAMU to TAHC were really friendly and helpful.

I saw that. Someone continued the thread last year so I thought I could since it was day specific.
I started a new thread with a question.

Back
Top Bottom