Day 22 and no pip and no cheeping!

elsa123

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2021
The three eggs I am incubating are not hatching! They haven’t even made a noise! I have only seen one of them roll around(and that was only a tiny bit) I candled them on day 17 and two of them looked fine but I wasn’t sure about the other one. The humidity is at 69% and the temp is 99.6. I know they can be late and I had one last year that was a day late but it had pipped a day before!

Its is such a nerve racking time! I have very little experience incubating however my little ones were slightly late, i went with the advice given on here which seems to boil down to . Trust in the eggs they know when they are ready. And can be as late as day 25. Its so hard when you feel the full weight or responsibility for them . But you have to trust in the eggs. They know what they are doing and hopefully they will manage it, good luck hun💞

Its is such a nerve racking time! I have very little experience incubating however my little ones were slightly late, i went with the advice given on here which seems to boil down to . Trust in the eggs they know when they are ready. And can be as late as day 25. Its so hard when you feel the full weight or responsibility for them . But you have to trust in the eggs. They know what they are doing and hopefully they will manage it, good luck hun💞
Thank you so much. Will do.

they still haven't pipped and are making no noise, but i am pretty sure at least one is still moving. its taking ages!

Correct this is worrying hopefully someone with intervention experience can jump in at this point, i still believe trusting the eggs and id guess a temp or humidity issue but at this point day 25? Yes id be considering atleast candleing

Esh this is tricky! I had a broody sitting on 3 eggs for the full 21 days. I candled them throughout the entire process periodically and on day 22 and saw no movement peeps or anything at all. I thought all 3 had failed to develop. I gave them back to her and told myself they had a few more days before i toss them. Well all 3 pipped the next morning and were out by day 24. All 3 are super healthy amd doing great. I'd agree with @LostBoi73 , give them more time. Some are just late bloomers i guess.

Correct this is worrying hopefully someone with intervention experience can jump in at this point, i still believe trusting the eggs and id guess a temp or humidity issue but at this point day 25? Yes id be considering atleast candleing
I quickly candled one just now and I can still see veins although it wasn’t moving (it was so black though so it was hard to see)

I wouldnt have thought you would be seeing vains at this stage. The black mass should be the chick. I cant honestly say what id do at this point. If temp has been a bit low then there is still a chance and i would consider very slightly turning temp up. But id also be very tempted to intervene. But having never intervened before id ask here about it and take it from there. Its a rock and hard place situation. You need to quickly candle them all i think but make sure incubator closed while candling each egg.

two of the chicks have died and i am still unsure about the other one. there are definitely veins but i can't see if its moving

Back
Top Bottom