Day 22 and no pip and no cheeping!

Have you calibrated your temperature? If your incubator is running cool, they could be late. Plus day one of setting is technically the second day.
@nuthatched the incubator says 99.5 f but the hygrometer temperature says 93.2 ! which one is more reliable? should i turn the temp up? i put in the eggs on the 8th of july.

Last edited:
Has the humidity been at around 69 the entire 3 weeks? If so, its normal for eggs incubating in high humidity to hatch late. I normally incubate mine around 49-55% and they either hatch on time or 1-2 days before. The lower the humidity, the quicker the hatch. The higher the humidity, the later the hatch.

Has the humidity been at around 69 the entire 3 weeks? If so, its normal for eggs incubating in high humidity to hatch late. I normally incubate mine around 49-55% and they either hatch on time or 1-2 days before. The lower the humidity, the quicker the hatch. The higher the humidity, the later the hatch.
no i have been keeping it at 45-50 most of the time and only set it to 65-70 last week

Definitely think as @nuthatched said its running slightly cool. If you can put temp up by either half or a full degree c. If you are going to use this equipment again then it either needs proffecionally calibrated or you need a decent /calibrated Thermo-hygrometer. Your only hope for the remaing egg is more warmth. Intervention in the form of assisted hatching would not have helped. Good luck chuck

@nuthatched the incubator says 99.5 f but the hygrometer temperature says 93.2 ! which one is more reliable? should i turn the temp up? i put in the eggs on the 8th of july.
You need to get a reliable thermometer and make sure. Like a mouth thermometer, fill a plastic zip baggie about the size of the eggs, to test the temp of the eggs, fold /squish the bag the thermometer into the bag.

You need to get a reliable thermometer and make sure. Like a mouth thermometer, fill a plastic zip baggie about the size of the eggs, to test the temp of the eggs, fold /squish the bag the thermometer into the bag.
ok thank you i will do that now!

image0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom