Day 22 and Nothing - Any Hope They'll Ever Hatch?

runswithchicken

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 11, 2012
Sussex County Delaware
So today is day 22 and I have nothing, no chirping, no movement, no pips. I'm going crazy
barnie.gif
This is my second attempt at hatching, and since I lost all of my first batch before they got to this point I was so excited when I candled on day 18 and it looked like this batch were all still alive...

How likely is it that any will still hatch? I only have 4 eggs. The temp has been stable at 99 for the most part.

How is your hunidity level? Did you lock down after candling on day 18? Is there any wiggling at all? If it was me and only my opinion I would candle to see if they have internally pipped if they have I would help by putting a hole in the big end to see if that would get them started. What kind of eggs are they?

I've been pacing around checking on the incubator constantly... All of a sudden I heard chirping and there was a chick already out of the shell! I can't believe I missed the first chick hatch in just a few minutes, but at least I have one!

Is it a still-air or forced-air incubator? The still air incubators can take a few days longer than the forced air. I have a still-air incubator. My first chick from the last batch I hatched pipped at 2 days after and finally hatched out a day after that. The other chick finally hatched out a week late! He's ok. Just a little bit of splayed leg that I'm treating. Other than that he's fine. Another of mine from a different batch hatched a few days late also.

Don't worry yet. Give them a few more days.
caf.gif
Patience

OMG is he ever cute! Congrats. I check the bator every ten seconds and nothing, my son sanders passed every few hours and everytime hes like "Mom, one is hatching!' He has some good hatching vibes I guess.

Back
Top Bottom