Day 22 and nothing......????

nope not here yet. :( I broke into one of the eggs air cells and got the beak out, he/she is breathing but look like they still need to absorb some more , blood vessels are still visible. Any advice is appreciated , panicking here. is it ok to leave the one i opened like that and see what happens, i raised the humidty to 75%-80%

UPDATE: So I have one little silkie that came out of the shell this morning. The membrane was really dried on top so he was stuck, I had to get him out by wettting the membrane. It was really dried to his feathers. He has just kinded been laying in the incubator for the last hour. I assume that is normal considering he is probaly exhausted from trying to get out. How long till they get up and walk? he has tried a couple times but seems pretty tired.

wee.gif
jumpy.gif

UPDATE: So I have one little silkie that came out of the shell this morning. The membrane was really dried on top so he was stuck, I had to get him out by wettting the membrane. It was really dried to his feathers. He has just kinded been laying in the incubator for the last hour. I assume that is normal considering he is probaly exhausted from trying to get out. How long till they get up and walk? he has tried a couple times but seems pretty tired.
some take longer than others,even 6 hours some times! it depends on how much they worked to get out! CONGRATS!! got a pic?

his feathers arent fluffing up , i thought he was wet but his feathers are dried hard. Is this normal? I thought they fluffed up? no pic yet. will soon

his feathers arent fluffing up , i thought he was wet but his feathers are dried hard. Is this normal? I thought they fluffed up? no pic yet. will soon
he may need wiped with a warm wet cloth real quick, he is a sticky chick, humidity musta got too low at one point for him, its ok clean him up keep him warm and put back in warmth

Back
Top Bottom