Day 22 no pips or movement

minimarch

Hatching
Sep 29, 2021
Good morning all, I have come to the page for answers over the last 21 days and now I’ve made an account to ask a question :) … I’m on day 22 and still no pips no wobbly eggs, no nothing 😭. The bator hasn’t been opened since lockdown and the humidity and temp has stayed the same. I’ve tried playing baby chicks cheeping on YouTube to encourage them but still nothing. They were 100% moving and fine on day 18 when I candled them. Am I being impatient or should something have happened by now? It’s my first hatch 😀

Have you candled?
Yes I candled at day 18. But also I put them in on Wednesday 8th sep at 4:30pm.. so I initially counted 21 days from then which made lockdown on Sunday and hatching yesterday. But after reading about the day 00 and day 1, was I meant to calculate it like this …

Went in wed 4:30pm
Need 24hrs in incubator which makes 4:30 Thursday - 4:30 Friday day 1?? If that’s the case then it means I did lockdown at day 17 and today is actually day 21?

my god I am confused 😫

Than
...and what did you see?

Thurs would be day 1.

Don't panic, sometimes temps are bit low making them late....
...and you can't time it down to the hours anywa
...and what did you see?

Thurs would be day 1.

Don't panic, sometimes temps are bit low making them late....
...and you can't time it down to the hours anyway
Thankyou very much :) .. at day 18 (which now would have actually been 17) 2 of them filled the eggs and were moving, the other 1 looked the same as day 14 but I didn’t remove it just in case

Back
Top Bottom