Day 22 no pips or peeps

Another update. The other two eggs haven't pipped yet but they are rolling. The two that have pipped are slowly making their pips bigger. But the one that has started zipping has been in the same spot for 4 hours and I dont know if he is taking a break or is stuck. His zip is about 2 inches long and I can see that the membrane is still moist but he cant get his beak back in it to rip it. Should I let him be for now

Another update. The other two eggs haven't pipped yet but they are rolling. The two that have pipped are slowly making their pips bigger. But the one that has started zipping has been in the same spot for 4 hours and I dont know if he is taking a break or is stuck. His zip is about 2 inches long and I can see that the membrane is still moist but he cant get his beak back in it to rip it. Should I let him be for now
Yep I'd just let him be! It's a lot of work for them to hatch! Also not too unsual for them to be lethargic almost for a couple hours, but by the time they are fluffy they should have better stamina!

Newborn with a black heart on his butt

Attachments

• 20210414_225048.jpg
    20210414_225048.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210414_225040.jpg
    20210414_225040.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210414_225033.jpg
    20210414_225033.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 9
He/she is such a beautiful chick and so far looks perfectly developed. I dont see anything abnormal so let's just pray the other four are like this :fl :fl

Another update. Another one hatched and there is one starting to zip now. If the other two eggs haven't pipped by tommarow evening should I water test them

So cute, I wasn't aware you had a mixed batch! you have two eggs left to hatch? Were they the ones you mentioned as rolling around? Thanks for sharing pics!

Back
Top Bottom