Day 22 still alive in egg NOT HATCHING!

Any updates on them?
Yes! So the three that were supposed to hatch, I only got one chick. One hatched and is very strong and healthy, the other was trying to hatch for a day but never even broke the shell, I wasn’t sure what to do I didn’t want to rush it, so after the 20 hour mark I broke a little for it. But by then the chick had gone completely silent, I assumed it already died. The next day (late in the day) I carefully broke it open to find that the chick had already been dead for awhile. It looked like it wasn’t entirely developed, but it was making peeps and pecking so I’m not really sure what was going on with it. The last egg never tried to hatch and never made any noise. It’s still in the incubator but I really doubt anything will hatch from that. The other batch is supposed to hatch this week, I have 5 eggs that all had chicks in them, so I’m hoping for more healthy chicks. The one chick seems kinda lonely, I gave him toys and try to spend lots of time with him. I named him teddy btw

Attachments

• 422E3118-027D-4241-90B2-63A58356BDE6.jpeg
    422E3118-027D-4241-90B2-63A58356BDE6.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 3C6C1444-413E-452D-853C-8F21FA0D266E.jpeg
    3C6C1444-413E-452D-853C-8F21FA0D266E.jpeg
    349.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 57BF8827-1A11-4DBC-B489-5E40AB39A02F.jpeg
    57BF8827-1A11-4DBC-B489-5E40AB39A02F.jpeg
    382.1 KB · Views: 12
Yes! So the three that were supposed to hatch, I only got one chick. One hatched and is very strong and healthy, the other was trying to hatch for a day but never even broke the shell, I wasn’t sure what to do I didn’t want to rush it, so after the 20 hour mark I broke a little for it. But by then the chick had gone completely silent, I assumed it already died. The next day (late in the day) I carefully broke it open to find that the chick had already been dead for awhile. It looked like it wasn’t entirely developed, but it was making peeps and pecking so I’m not really sure what was going on with it. The last egg never tried to hatch and never made any noise. It’s still in the incubator but I really doubt anything will hatch from that. The other batch is supposed to hatch this week, I have 5 eggs that all had chicks in them, so I’m hoping for more healthy chicks. The one chick seems kinda lonely, I gave him toys and try to spend lots of time with him. I named him teddy btw
He is so cute i am glad atleast one hatched, sadly not all chicks make it. I have one egg on it's 19th day hopefully it will hatch soon too

He is so cute i am glad atleast one hatched, sadly not all chicks make it. I have one egg on it's 19th day hopefully it will hatch soon too
Yeah, he is very strong! Another chick hatched lastnight, it seems pretty quiet I’m hoping it’ll get stronger though. Teddy seems way more content to be in his brooder with another chick. Tho he kept pecking at its face so I had to put a divider in between them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom