Day 22 two pip's but nothing else

VanSintjan

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Belgium
Hi all.
I am hatching standard cochins in my incuator and I am so worried. it is day 22 today. One piped yesterday evening at 6.30 and is quite atlkative but the hole hasn-t gotten bigger in 12 hours. I saw a crack in one more agg about halanhour ago but no hole yet.
They got cold for several hours at day 11 due to electrisity outage when we weren't home but I saw clear movement when I candeled them the day after I saw clear movement and on they 16 growt in all eggs.
humidity is steady on 70% since day19.
When should I interfere? Is it normal to have apip and nothing more 12 hours later?
Thanks, Malena

I would leave them alone. It could be 24 - 48 hours for them to get out of the shell. I know that it is hard, but be patient and do not open the incubator.

Also,
welcome-byc.gif

Dorothy

Thank you. I will try my best and talk a lot. i just switch wet spunches every eight hours and I manage to do so with hum just dropping to 68% for a short while. I talk alot with them. I guess the electrisity outage could have delayed the hatch. This is a really nice forum. I will keep you updated.

I have a chicken and a second pip. It took 15 hours from pip to hatch. Now he/she is pushing the other eggs around. How bad is that?

The one chicken is out of the bato sine he was playing soccer with the other eggs. He/she is dry and fluffy. I have five pip's in the bator and they are talking. this is wonderfull. Still a bit nervous though.

11 beatiful babies is learning how to eat and drink in our brooder right now.
HPIM0281.jpg

One died after piping without hatching. When I came to help it was already dead. It also piped in the wrong side of the egg. I had six eggs that I saw already at day sixteen that they were doubtful but I hoped so much since they are from my favorite hen. They all turned out infertile. The last had a half grown chicken in it that probalbly died during the electricity outage. Counts down to 11 hatched of 13 fertile. I am a happy chicken mum. The first one from my own chickens.
I have desinfected the bator and I will start it in an hour. Tomorrow new eggs goes in. Some of my own and eight bought eggs with blue standard cochins.
HPIM0285.jpg

HPIM0286.jpg

HPIM0290.jpg

Those chicks are so cute. I am on day 20 with my own egg and day 18 with some purchased eggs. My fingers are really crossed now as my own eggs were from Lucy and for some reason she died last night:( I'd only had her a month but I loved her so much so now I am really really worried about her 6 eggs in the bator. One is due tommorrow and the rest are due later this month.

Back
Top Bottom