Day 22

jwainscott1

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2016
I am on day 22 and no pips, getting anxious at this point, we head back home from Florida on Saturday, need these babies to come soon.

I'm very new at this, as I write this, we're in the midst of our first hatch. From what I've read though, the temp during incubation has everything to do with when the eggs pip/ hatch. Were your eggs alive when they went into lock down? Were your thermometers calibrated so you had a pretty good handle on the temp? If the eggs looked good on day 18, then from what everyone says, you should give it at least until 24 to 25 days. Tough timing with the travel plans. Hope it works out.

They were alive at lockdown, thermometer hasn't been calibrated don't even know how to do that. I read temp chsnges can change hatch time, its been good except dropped once on the wsy here, apparently lighter plugs shut down on this car, but was very short time,and three days before lock down.

That sounds good. Maybe temp was just a little less and they'll just hatch a day or two later. I had five thermometers and they all read a little different. I'm noticing as the hatch continues that the eggs from the left side of the incubator hatched first, so that side was probably a little warmer. Good luck

Thanks no pips this morning, hoping soon and they hatch before 10 lol, I am just worried about keeping the humidity up during the trip.

Hoping they hatch before hand lol, they don't seem to be on the same plan as me, so maybe they will wait until we get home.

Yes left around 11 so 7 hours in, humidty is staying around 65,trying to get back up to 70 range.

Back
Top Bottom