DAY 22....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Brian461, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Brian461

Brian461 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Cleveland,TX
    Ok its day 22 for my chicks and there is nothing going on in the inubator. There is no pips, none of the eggs have moved. So ho long should i wait before moving them out.

thanks brian

2. 3 sisters farm

3 sisters farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    puyallup wa
    well I'm day 23 and some eggs are finally at least wiggling, so I would not give up for a few days.

3. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    Make sure you have an adequate amount of moisture (water) for the hatch. I have never had one go more than a day over though. Good luck!

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:What were your temps and hum day 1-18 ??? What is your hum now ??

5. Brian461

Brian461 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Cleveland,TX
    My temps form day 1-18 was 99.8- 101. Hum. was around 38%- 40%. On day 18 i add more water and shut the lead and never opened it again, but i noticed that my temp went up to about 104 and my hum.. stayed about 40% never went up and i put alot of water in there, The temp eas the only thing that went up. This is my first time hatching eggs so i dont know now what i did wrong or what.

6. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:I am trying to hatch some eggs for the first time too! It's day 4 for mine.[​IMG]
    I would wait until like 26 days or more, and if nothing happens up to day 30, throw them out.
    And watch the temp.! The max temp. is 105, and if you go over that, your eggs will die from the heat. Be careful! [​IMG]

7. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:Your temps and hum day 1-18 sound good. somtimes low temps can cause late hatches. So if the temp dropped at night time at all that could have something to do with it.

Your hum day 18-21 should be more like 60%-70% if it doesnt get high enough the chicks will stick to the shell and have a hard time hatching, if they hatch at all.

What kind of bator are you using ? Did you take the vent plugs out ?? on day 18 you should add water and take the plugs out, you can also put a few wet sponges in there to try to get the hum higher !!!!

I would try getting another temp and hum reader so you can put them both in just to see if the other one is working right, alot of people have had that problem and that would make a BIG defference in the hatch rate !!!!

Well with that said, I would leave them in there for another few days !!!

Ohh, did you candle them at all?? just to see if there is/was chicks devolping in the eggs ??? I would do that before you throw them out and turn the bator off, it will be hard to tell if they are alive in there but you might be able to see if they piped the air cell !!!!! If they dont hatch in a few days I would open the egg carefully to see what went wrong !!!

Keep me posted !!!!!

8. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I have a silkie egg going on day 26 and she is still moving around in the egg... i think she grew slower than the rest so i'm waiting on her to come out when she's ready [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  9. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Well I hope they perk up and pip! [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

10. Cruiser

Cruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    W. Terre Haute IN.
    I am trying to hatch some eggs for the first time too! It's day 4 for mine.[​IMG]

This is my first hatch & I'm also on day four. How cool is that.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by