Day 23 and eggs not pipping

Move the chick to a Brooder and stop touching the eggs.
my mother's bought a brooder, but the temperature is way too low (28-30°c). we were going to put the chicks under our broody hen (silkie) during the night when they'd all hatched.

The agree with everything. You may make your mom made but she needs to stop bothering them. She can cause them to shrink wrap.
I've already talked to her about it and she's told me that she won't open the incubator anymore, but she is prone to doing things she said she wouldn't do.

my mother's bought a brooder, but the temperature is way too low (28-30°c). we were going to put the chicks under our broody hen (silkie) during the night when they'd all hatched.

I've already talked to her about it and she's told me that she won't open the incubator anymore, but she is prone to doing things she said she wouldn't do.
The more she opens it the more likely the chicks will die because of the fluctuating humidity and temperatures. Shrink wrapping is also a possibility. Leave them alone.

If she likes the chicks, convince her to sit on her hands till they are done.
Yeah, you need to have the brooder about 32or 33C at a minimum.
If your silkie has been sitting for a while, that could work.
Now you know you will have to adjust your temperature setting since it was likely actually 36 or 37C throughout.

My mum lowered the incubator's humidity to 48-55% (hydrometer and incubator have different readings) for a good few hours while I was asleep for some stupid reason. Early onset dementia, I swear to god.
How is this going to affect the eggs?

Edit: and apparently she threw away two eggs that were hatching because she tapped the egg shell and they didn't move. i really hope they were actually dead

My mum lowered the incubator's humidity to 48-55% (hydrometer and incubator have different readings) for a good few hours while I was asleep for some stupid reason. Early onset dementia, I swear to god.
How is this going to affect the eggs?
Well I don't know why she can't listen although inorder to have success she better ..I wish you the best..👍

Back
Top Bottom