Day 23, do I hold out hope?

Suess hens

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2008
Altadena, CA
I am using an old, school incubator. I know that the temps in the classroom have not been steady, I have tried, but I can't keep the heat on all night, no matter how I tried.
I had movement in one egg that started lats on day 21, and continued in to day 22. But now nothing, and no pips. Should I keep holding out?

no one smells. And one I thought wasn't developing still isn't stinky. Thank you.
My students just told me that they see one of them moving. That makes me feel a bit better.

So, it is now almost 3:30, and we saw some movement today, one of them really moved back and forth. I think I may have a third with movement.
Any advice is appreciated. And I know DO NOT OPEN. but patience has never been my strong point.

I would freak out to open to put in the sponge! I cracked it open to let some humidity out on day 20 because it was high...I seriously thought I killed them all day long.

Ceep them in there! I have never incubated with a bator. But my broody just hatched out 2 out of 6 babys! Its day 23? Or maby 24? But i got 2!! So i would wait! Its our first time! Good luck!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Chicken Girl

I'm still waiting. I saw movement again this morning. These little suckers are in there but just don't want to come out....they are like human babies, too warm inside and comfy.
I did add a sponge this morning, I got the courage, and only opened for 2 seconds...I had someone count!
I am thinking since the ambient temperature in the room has not been steady that I may just have some slow growers.

Back
Top Bottom