Day 23... no action

Yes don't worry there was a "typo" I was going by geustimation (which I will never do again). Until you guys said shouldn't be i actually used a thermometer. Sorry about the confusion. as of right ,now my temp is at 90* farenheit. Is thata to low? Should I raise it? my humidity is at 95* humdity is at around 63* farenheit.
You should always use a thermometer and a hygrometer so you can monitor temperature and humidity. 90*F is too low. If you are using a forced air incubator (with a fan) it should be 99*F and in a still air incubator (no fan) it should be 101*F (measured on top of the eggs). I think it's too late to raise the temperature now. It sounds like they are ready to start hatching soon. Exactly how many % is your humidity at the moment? Your humidity should be around 60% to 65%.
Also do you have an idea how long ago the chicks pipped into the air sac? Have they made any progress yet? Pipped through the shells?

I know its been awhile, but I want to thank you all for helping me through my first chicken experience. All but 2 chickens hatched healthy and successfully! Thanks

I know its been awhile, but I want to thank you all for helping me through my first chicken experience. All but 2 chickens hatched healthy and successfully! Thanks
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom