day 23 no external pip

It's my first time hatching chicken eggs. I was given total of 7 eggs, out of the 7 two had survived. Yesterday one of the chick hatched and in good condition, however the other egg didn't have any external pip at all. Today would be day 23, so I decided to candle the egg, I did see a little bit of internal pip, minimal to no movement of the chick and I did see some blood vessel. Is the chick going to be ok?
The humidity is at 72% with temp at 98-99 degree.
I will say wait for another 2 days
It's my first time hatching chicken eggs. I was given total of 7 eggs, out of the 7 two had survived. Yesterday one of the chick hatched and in good condition, however the other egg didn't have any external pip at all. Today would be day 23, so I decided to candle the egg, I did see a little bit of internal pip, minimal to no movement of the chick and I did see some blood vessel. Is the chick going to be ok?
The humidity is at 72% with temp at 98-99 degree.
I would say that it's not ready to come out it happens to me also mine was internally pipped but not moving so on 23 day I did safety hole after 2 hours nothing happened so open the egg it's was not developed properly

How did your egg turn out? Did it hatch?
No it didn't when I opened it it was not developed and membrane was dry it was heartbreaking for me but I will try again now I got the experience.....

Attachments

• IMG_20210428_161510.jpg
    IMG_20210428_161510.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 50
N

NO it died it was heartbreaking 😢 it didn't developed!!!
Oh man. That is heartbreaking. It happens to us all at one point or another. If it makes you feel any better we all lose birds. Sometimes through our fault sometimes through no fault of our own. This past week one of my kids busted in the door of our school room in a fight with sibling and caught me off guard while I was weighing a perfectly healthy welsh harlequin duckling. It slipped from my hand and I couldn’t catch it in time. :’(

The silver lining is that we have been incubating for our science class and so we got to see what a healthy developing duckling looks like at 14 days incubation:

Maybe don’t scroll if you’re not in the mood for a graphic image. But most of you have already seen it in real life, I’m sure!
Good luck to you, you’re among friends. 💖🙏🏼

Attachments

• E70C6952-5175-430A-9EED-3488557A4E5C.jpeg
    E70C6952-5175-430A-9EED-3488557A4E5C.jpeg
    419 KB · Views: 42
Oh man. That is heartbreaking. It happens to us all at one point or another. If it makes you feel any better we all lose birds. Sometimes through our fault sometimes through no fault of our own. This past week one of my kids busted in the door of our school room in a fight with sibling and caught me off guard while I was weighing a perfectly healthy welsh harlequin duckling. It slipped from my hand and I couldn’t catch it in time. :’(

The silver lining is that we have been incubating for our science class and so we got to see what a healthy developing duckling looks like at 14 days incubation:

Maybe don’t scroll if you’re not in the mood for a graphic image. But most of you have already seen it in real life, I’m sure!
Good luck to you, you’re among friends. 💖🙏🏼
It's so heartbreaking sorry for your loss... My chick didn't hatch so open up it doesn't developed properly and didn't get temp / humidity properly....:hit

Attachments

• IMG_20210428_161510.jpg
    IMG_20210428_161510.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 40

Back
Top Bottom