Day 23 no pip no movement

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DanikaNevin, Apr 16, 2017.

1. DanikaNevin

DanikaNevin New Egg

Apr 15, 2017
    I started with 15 eggs. I took 3 out early on due to them being nothing. I had 12 left and for sure 8 I could see embryos moving. The other 4 were dark and I just couldn't tell. I had two hatch on day 20. They knocked the other ones around a lot it seemed. And it's now day 23. No pips, or chirps. I even did the water test and they showed to be viable by floating and 90/10. But I never saw them wiggle or do anything. Should I call it?

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greeting from Kansas, DanikaNevin, and [​IMG]! Sorry you are have some hatching difficulties. I am a hatching rookie so I can't offer advice but you might want to post in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs
    The folks there really know their stuff! Bet wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. DanikaNevin

DanikaNevin New Egg

Apr 15, 2017
    Ok thank you. New to this so trying to figure it out!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Danika [​IMG] Welcome!

I do hope the folks on the Hatching Forum were able to help you out.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by