Day 23 no pips

We have 7 chicks on day 16 today - we just lost power Are having a big winter storm - 16” expected over night. we currently have the incubator on a generator but normally we dont run the generator all night. I might move the incubator by the fire… and stay up all night with them.. monitoring temp and humidity? perhaps power will come back on Before bed.. you never know.

We have 7 chicks on day 16 today - we just lost power Are having a big winter storm - 16” expected over night. we currently have the incubator on a generator but normally we dont run the generator all night. I might move the incubator by the fire… and stay up all night with them.. monitoring temp and humidity? perhaps power will come back on Before bed.. you never know.
Hoping it comes back on!

Let us know how it goes! 🤞🤞 for a successful hatch!
Thanks! We are in lock down mode now.-about to switch the generator off, power is supposed to come back on tonight! Have the incubator set up on battery back up! Hoping that it maintains heat! Cant seem to get it to go above 96 degrees on generator power!!!! Wrapping in blankets. Worried but still going forward …

Ugh temperature dropped to 90 dammit! Moving it to the fireplace .. it hasnt been that long at 90 and now the temperature is going up!! The generator just really doesnt do it.

Poor dear... I had a duck sitting on eggs and it got cool (not cold, but cool) a few times for a few days each time. She stayed with them and they hatched a few days later that anything I read, but they are hatching at the moment. there is a latitude... My prayers are with you...

Day 19 here.. still struggling with temperature… still no power.. running on generator power and back up battery power. Not smelling anything rank in there yet so im going to plod ahead.. DID just go out and buy the NR360 and collecting the next batch of eggs to incubate. Hopefully the power comes back on soon? Then we can try again.

Back
Top Bottom