Day 23-update

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
It is officially day 21 and there are no signs of movement, sounds or anything from the 26 eggs in my incubator. Guess I failed as a first time hatcher
sad.png

I had live chicks in all of them on last candle, dunno what happened.

How long should I wait before throwing them out?

Last edited:
Hang in there, keep the humidity up and your hands off the lid, easier said than done,
Good luck keep us posted! ( My first hatch hatched at 24 days my Temp. was low)

Last edited:
Yep, Patience!! I've had them hatch on day 23 to day 25 before. Your temps and humidity could have been off and that will cause a late hatch.

I kept the humidity at 35% for the first 18 days while they were in the turner, then put them in egg cartons and upped it to 65%. Temps on top of the eggs hovered just over 100 and the one on the floor of the bator stayed at 95. I didn't notice any drops or temps swings except if I opened it for candling or to add water.

I have 5 Standard Salmon Faverolles, 3 Bantam Faverolles and 16 EE eggs from 2 different places and a few random eggs I threw in there.

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement. I will give them til Monday, which would be day 25. I can only cross my fingers at this point.

I really really wanted the Faverolles to hatch. Thats one of the breeds I wasn't able to get yet.

You're probably going to have a late hatch.
old.gif
If you're using a still air, I think that your temps are just A LITTLE low. But better to be low than high.
smile.png
And since none of them are showing movement or anything, I just feel certain that they're just late bloomers! So get ready, when they do start hatching, you'll have little fuzzy butts all over the place!
jumpy.gif
Hang in there!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom