Day 23-update

I think they would be mutts cause cali's lay white eggs. I'm happy with mutts as long as they're pretty lol.
.....still waiting...
barnie.gif

Aha, good thinking! Mutts are ok with me too, I like variety
smile.png

No other pips here yet *sigh* The little loner is peeping up a storm for friends to play with!

At least I have a brooder full of chicks for it to play with if none of the others hatch.

I don't get how I can have 1 chick hatched and almost dried off and not one other egg has pipped. Is that normal? The others are being very stubborn and trying to drive me nuts!!!

When do I need to get that little one some water and food, or move it to a brooder?

Last edited:
No others of mine have pipped either. The other 2 are getting pretty dry now. How can only 1 hatch and none others? My last hatch wasn't like this at all...
sad.png

I've read they can stay in there with out food for 3 days. I like to leave mine for just 2 though. s long as he's dried and fluffed up he's good.

hey guys! I finally found this thread again!
big_smile.png
And I'm happy that I came back to find some good news at least!
yippiechickie.gif
Congrats on the new chick! He/she is a cutie!
love.gif
jumpy.gif

I am hoping for you that this hatch is just late and that one hatched one is just an early bloomer!
fl.gif
fl.gif
If not, and the others don't hatch, just be happy that you at least got one chick out of the batch.
hugs.gif
And don't think for one second that you are a bad chicken mama. :aww You did all you could and that's all you can offer for the chicks.
hugs.gif
Great job!
clap.gif
clap.gif

Lets give SunAngel a big round of applause for being such an awesome chicken mama!

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
!!!!

And great job to you to, Riocotesei!
hugs.gif
I hope your hatches are great too!
fl.gif

Good luck to both of you!
clap.gif

Thanks 77horses
smile.png
Thats sweet of you!

The only problem with shipped eggs is that you usually order something you really really want. Which makes it even worse when they don't hatch. I hear other peeping, so I am still hoping there's more pips tomorrow
fl.gif

What day can I safely break the remaining eggs open myself to check on the chicks, day 24 or 25?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom