Day 24 and nothing

ruffian70

Hatching
Jul 9, 2016
First time trying to hatch eggs. I have two out of seven left. I am on day 24 and both have a good air sac but there is no movement. Does this mean they have died? Please help.

First time trying to hatch eggs. I have two out of seven left. I am on day 24 and both have a good air sac but there is no movement. Does this mean they have died? Please help.

Hi Ruffian,

When you say you have 2 out of 7 left, did the other 5 hatch? If so, and it's been over 24 hours since the last one hatched, the chicks probably quit.

If these are the only two that made it to lockdown, then your temperature might have been low and the hatch could be delayed. Did you start counting with day 0 (the day you put them in the incubator)? What was your temperature and your humidity at? Did you double check your readings with calibrated instruments?

When you say a good air sac, what do you mean? It is more or less than the day 18 line here, and has it pulled pretty far down/a lot farther down on one side yet?

I know it's a lot of questions, but it helps in figuring out what might be going on.

Back
Top Bottom