Day 24 BCM and silky hatching help

I suggest calibrating your thermometers and hygrometers before next setting. Or at a minimum, get a thermometer that is guaranteed accurate. I can recommend a couple if you wish. In lieu of a hygrometer, you can use a gram scale to track weight loss which is actually more accurate than tracking humidity.

Absolutely! My incubation has not at all been ideal. I’ve learned a lot along the way. I tried to prepare as much as possible. I’ve been reading all year and had incubator set and running well before eggs. There are so many things I would do differently. Just hoping now that by being responsive, I can help some of these babies survive.

I suggest calibrating your thermometers and hygrometers before next setting. Or at a minimum, get a thermometer that is guaranteed accurate. I can recommend a couple if you wish. In lieu of a hygrometer, you can use a gram scale to track weight loss which is actually more accurate than tracking humidity.

:welcome :frow I made one out of a styrofoam cooler and it works great. I used two 15 watt light bulbs for heat, a fan to circulate the air and a wafer thermostat. Good luck and have fun...
IMG_20160615_150731.jpg
IMG_3360.JPG
IMG_3673.JPG
IMG_3674.JPG
IMG_3675.JPG

Back
Top Bottom