Day 24 Silkie Egg

If a broody is on it, she will probably abandon it if it doesn't hatch. You can always leave it (long as it doesn't stink) till then 🤷‍♀️ then open and it up and see whats inside. I would personally give up, since it's day 24 and hasn't hatch and no movement is present

If a broody is on it, she will probably abandon it if it doesn't hatch. You can always leave it (long as it doesn't stink) till then 🤷‍♀️ then open and it up and see whats inside. I would personally give up, since it's day 24 and hasn't hatch and no movement is present

She's relentless, that's why I let her sit she's still nesting. I think I'll move the egg into my incubator for another couple of days and move my hen and chick to the brooder area. :) Fingers crossed that it's just late... it was a silkie egg that I had in the fridge and figured I'd see what happens, wasn't ideal... I've read that eggs that get cold during shipment can hatch late maybe that has something to do with it... I guess I'll see

She's relentless, that's why I let her sit she's still nesting. I think I'll move the egg into my incubator for another couple of days and move my hen and chick to the brooder area. :) Fingers crossed that it's just late... it was a silkie egg that I had in the fridge and figured I'd see what happens, wasn't ideal... I've read that eggs that get cold during shipment can hatch late maybe that has something to do with it... I guess I'll see
Good luck little eggy!

Thanks!! Out of 5 only two were viable at lockdown. This lil guy came early on the 20th day, EE/Silkie cross

Attachments

• 20210125_090130.jpg
    20210125_090130.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210124_124712.jpg
    20210124_124712.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom