Day 25 - single cayuga egg

Iain Utah

Crowing
12 Years
Dec 17, 2011
This is my first attempt at hatching anything and hope so much that this little ducky makes it! When I candled it last night, it had almost completely filled the egg, but I could see movement around the edge of the air cell.

I'm already starting to bite my nails, I am so anxious!

Last edited:
pop.gif

Today is day 25 and lockdown is less than 9 hours away. When I candled the egg last night, I could not see movement as the little ducky has completely filled the egg. I assume it is getting ready for the hatching process.

Any recommendations on humidity % for lockdown? It's been ranging between 50-55, and I planned to bump it to 75% tonight. Does that sound about right?

YAY! MORE HATCHING!

Hello! i am a hatching addict!

if you look in my signiture below you will see a link.... click on it.... it goes to a hatching thread... me and my friends will point you in the right direction ;)

GOOD LUCK!

PS: 70% is a great % for lockdown! i keep it at that in locldown and at 60% for normal incubation and have good hatches ;)

Yep, there's a bunch of us hatchaholics on the thread link DG gave. Sounds like you're doing everything right, all you have to do now is wait. And wait and wait and wait. Ducks take their time coming out.

Back
Top Bottom