Day 26 no movement in duck eggs

The articles shared were helpful. It has been maybe 30-36 hours so far and some eggs are peeping and only a few are moving a very little bit. None of them have made much progress beyond the initial pip. So just want to make sure I’m not neglecting them. At what point is it safe to open the incubator to assess? Don’t want to shrinkwrap but by the time I go to bed it will be close to 2 days since the first pip, which is the one at the wrong end.

The articles shared were helpful. It has been maybe 30-36 hours so far and some eggs are peeping and only a few are moving a very little bit. None of them have made much progress beyond the initial pip. So just want to make sure I’m not neglecting them. At what point is it safe to open the incubator to assess? Don’t want to shrinkwrap but by the time I go to bed it will be close to 2 days since the first pip, which is the one at the wrong end.
Some duck eggs may go up to 30 days. I have hatched a few mallards and this has been my experience. If I am calculating correctly, you are in day 28 now. I wouldn't stress until day 29.

Some duck eggs may go up to 30 days. I have hatched a few mallards and this has been my experience. If I am calculating correctly, you are in day 28 now. I wouldn't stress until day 29.
This evening will be the start of day 29 yes. I’ve heard of some people making safety air holes but this is my first time. Don’t want to open incubator pre maturely

Back
Top Bottom