Day 28 of Incubation. Should I intervene?

Last edited:
fl.gif
still waiting to here if you have babies hope everything works out for you. good luck.

Sadly none of the ducks made it. I think I have an idea why. I don't think the thermometer was accurate in the incubator. It was low. I thought that it felt cold but I thought it was just me. That would explain the long "Lockdown" period/late (non)-hatch. We live and learn. I will try again next year with a different incubator
sad.png

Sadly none of the ducks made it. I think I have an idea why. I don't think the thermometer was accurate in the incubator. It was low. I thought that it felt cold but I thought it was just me. That would explain the long "Lockdown" period/late (non)-hatch. We live and learn. I will try again next year with a different incubator
sad.png
sad.png
I am so sorry
hugs.gif

Awww Im sorry. Both my ducks died, and Im waiting on my chickens still (theyre still alive but late). Very hard to wait so long just to lose them, no question.

Awww Im sorry. Both my ducks died, and Im waiting on my chickens still (theyre still alive but late). Very hard to wait so long just to lose them, no question.
So sorry to hear that. We are in the same boat. Next year will be better! Best of luck with your chickens!
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear about your ducks :( I have never hatched ducks before, but when I go into lockdown with my chicks, I get a wash rag damp with water and sit it into the incubator. It keeps the humidity up great ! And for long periods of time, too. If you want higher humidity then you just leave more water on the rag. Then if you noticed humidity is getting low ( my incubator has two smallish holes in it) I just put a little eye dropper or syringe through the hole and squirt it onto the rag so you don't have to lift the bator up. Just an idea ! Hope the next hatch goes better for you
hugs.gif

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your ducks :( I have never hatched ducks before, but when I go into lockdown with my chicks, I get a wash rag damp with water and sit it into the incubator. It keeps the humidity up great ! And for long periods of time, too. If you want higher humidity then you just leave more water on the rag. Then if you noticed humidity is getting low ( my incubator has two smallish holes in it) I just put a little eye dropper or syringe through the hole and squirt it onto the rag so you don't have to lift the bator up. Just an idea ! Hope the next hatch goes better for you
hugs.gif
Thank you!!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom