day 29... moving but even no internal pipping

duckfirst

Hatching
Jun 10, 2022
hi, this is my first time incubating anything, and I decided to have ducks. I know its day 29, and both of them are alive. But no internal pipping, not even yet. But the movements are starting to get weaker... I’m starting to get real worried. What should I do?

hi, this is my first time incubating anything, and I decided to have ducks. I know its day 29, and both of them are alive. But no internal pipping, not even yet. But the movements are starting to get weaker... I’m starting to get real worried. What should I do?
What kind of duck eggs did you get? Muscovy ducks take longer than 28 days. If not Muscovy, still ducks are incredibly slow hatchers. Chances are good your incubator temperature was a little low. Movement always slows towards the end as they run out of room and oxygen. I read an article suggesting that the lack of oxygen is what triggers them to hatch. I think the best thing you can do is lock them down and sit on your hands.

Just out of curiosity, what was your temperature and humidity during incubation?

What kind of duck eggs did you get? Muscovy ducks take longer than 28 days. If not Muscovy, still ducks are incredibly slow hatchers. Chances are good your incubator temperature was a little low. Movement always slows towards the end as they run out of room and oxygen. I read an article suggesting that the lack of oxygen is what triggers them to hatch. I think the best thing you can do is lock them down and sit on your hands.

Just out of curiosity, what was your temperature and humidity during incubation?
Really, I got Khaki Campbell duck eggs. I don’t know my humidity, since my incubator didn’t have a humidity measure. But I kept the temp at 38 degrees. Also I kept the humidifier full.

Back
Top Bottom