Day 30 for incubated duck eggs and no hatch!

Gabbie7187

In the Brooder
Feb 12, 2022
It is day 30 and 3 of our Pekin duck eggs have not yet hatched. One duckling hatched right on time on day 28 and another duckling passed away trying to get out of its shell on day 28. There hasn’t been anything from the other 3 eggs and I’ve candles them and there are fully formed ducklings in there. I can’t tell if they have internally pipped or not. Is this normal? Can they be this late!

It is day 30 and 3 of our Pekin duck eggs have not yet hatched. One duckling hatched right on time on day 28 and another duckling passed away trying to get out of its shell on day 28. There hasn’t been anything from the other 3 eggs and I’ve candles them and there are fully formed ducklings in there. I can’t tell if they have internally pipped or not. Is this normal? Can they be this late!
It is likely they have died in the shell. To check, candle the eggs and mark a safe place over the air cell to make a puncture. Remove just enough shell to determine if they are alive or not. At this point puncturing the shell will not hurt the ducklings should they be alive. If alive they may need an assisted hatch.

Not normal.

It is likely they have died in the shell. To check, candle the eggs and mark a safe place over the air cell to make a puncture. Remove just enough shell to determine if they are alive or not. At this point puncturing the shell will not hurt the ducklings should they be alive. If alive they may need an assisted hatch.

Not normal.
Oh no, I really hope they haven't died. Our duckling will be so lonely. I will try to puncture one of the eggs in the air cell. After that, what is recommended? Should I try and peel back some the shell to check if they are alive?

Back
Top Bottom