Day 33 mallard duck eggs haven’t hatched!!!!

Rsmith77282

Hatching
Jun 3, 2020
So today is day 33 of incubation and I have 3 alive mallard duck eggs that have not hatched. I made the mistake the other day of opening 1 and it wasn’t quite ready, fully formed but had big veins still. It ended up drying up and dying. Just curious if this is normal for it to take this long?

Note to self: I will be using an actual incubator next time, homeade incubators are double the work. Thankfully I’ve been home all this time so I’ve been able to turn and keep a close eye on them but I feel that I wouldn’t have these issues with an actual incubator.

So today is day 33 of incubation and I have 3 alive mallard duck eggs that have not hatched. I made the mistake the other day of opening 1 and it wasn’t quite ready, fully formed but had big veins still. It ended up drying up and dying. Just curious if this is normal for it to take this long?

Note to self: I will be using an actual incubator next time, homeade incubators are double the work. Thankfully I’ve been home all this time so I’ve been able to turn and keep a close eye on them but I feel that I wouldn’t have these issues with an actual incubator.
Do you have multiple calibrated thermometers in your incubator? Is it a still air incubator? What was the temp at the whole time? All of my Mallards always hatch on day 27-28.

I have 3 thermometers and they all were between 99 to 101 the entire time minus a few days they fell a little but i quickly got the temp back up. One other died today! The humidity wasn’t the best but i got it up to 60-70 since day 25

I have 3 thermometers and they all were between 99 to 101 the entire time minus a few days they fell a little but i quickly got the temp back up. One other died today! The humidity wasn’t the best but i got it up to 60-70 since day 25
Where did you get the eggs? I'm sorry you're having trouble.

Where did you get the eggs? I'm sorry you're having trouble.
I got them from my front yard. They were abandoned. Every one that has dies has been full grown:( none pipped all were in a weird position, more towards the yolk.

Did any of them peep? Are they taking?
No none were peeping. It’s weird, they were all in a weird position. Like head by the yolk down towards the pointy end of the egg. I wonder if they were underdeveloped and I stopped turning to early thinking they were on day 25😖

No none were peeping. It’s weird, they were all in a weird position. Like head by the yolk down towards the pointy end of the egg. I wonder if they were underdeveloped and I stopped turning to early thinking they were on day 25😖
Oh, so you don't actually know exactly what day they're on?

This is a chick but is you look this up it may help you see how they should look! It’s animated so look for that one!
F0DFFCC4-B8B3-460E-AD69-11D9815A2D20.png
BCD68BCD-F08B-40E2-97EE-F18E677619A5.png

Back
Top Bottom