Day 4 On Coop Project: A Woman's Adventure

Quote:
The way we have it rigged from the inside, the bottom door can not be opened without the top one being unlatched as well. However, I may add some type of lock now that you mention it. (I have never seen any raccoons around our house, but sure they are here!). Also, the egg doors have the same type of latch, so I may have to re-think this one. I have had so much fun making little changes here and there as the ideas come! Thanks!

Only read through the 1st page so far, but I have to say I disagree with those whp say you should be mad at your husband. This is a project you chose to do, and did not ask him to help. If you decided to make a quilt or faux paint a room or can a bushel of peaches, would you expect him to help? And in any of those cases, would he help you, or would he take over the project?

With 3 exceptions, I have built all my own coops. The first one was a mutual effort that ended up with 3 foremen and one apprentice, and is very different than it was supposed to be. The next exception was that I had my son weld a coop frame to fit a large skylight that was just sitting around. He built it almost exactly like I asked, and the differences were either things that would not work or that he misunderstood. And the 3rd exception is a used aviary/coop I saw advertized in the newspaper and asked for as a Christmas present. I have seven other coops that I have built on my own with minimal assistance.

I recommend using construction screws rather than nails, and a cordless drill. Much easier and more accurate.

Quote:
Henny Penny, The Little Red Hen and Chicken Little get mixed up in the stories. Henny Penny and the Little Red Hen are pretty interchangable in the story about a woman who ask everyone to help, but ends up doing all the work. Henny Penny and Chicken Little are pretty interchangable in the story about the sky falling. It all depends on which storybook you have.

GOOD JOB! And a pretty flock
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom