Day 5 1/2 egg Incubation growth

JustAChickenLoverOverHere

💙 JACLOH 💜
Jan 30, 2021
Houston, Texas
So, I was reading around BYC and I found a couple of posts that said the earliest you should candle an egg was day 4 or 5. So, me being the impatient person I am, decided to candle the eggs on day 5. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to wait 7-10 days to be sure the eggs were fertile, so I made sure to set them at 12 in the morning so they could have more time in the incubator. I expected there to be veins, but no where near as much growth as there was! All the other eggs had a little bit of growth, like veins, but I didn’t take pictures of those. They were serama x old English game. I put in 6 eggs, and of those 6, we saw growth in 5 of them. It’s 1 gamefowl egg, the one pictured below, and 5 serama x old English game.
For reference: this egg is a gamefowl egg
65406AD2-67E9-4997-90AB-65405D7FF92C.jpeg

B4A478D2-15BB-45B3-8189-23C1B5D850EB.jpeg

So, I was reading around BYC and I found a couple of posts that said the earliest you should candle an egg was day 4 or 5. So, me being the impatient person I am, decided to candle the eggs on day 5. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to wait 7-10 days to be sure the eggs were fertile, so I made sure to set them at 12 in the morning so they could have more time in the incubator. I expected there to be veins, but no where near as much growth as there was! All the other eggs had a little bit of growth, like veins, but I didn’t take pictures of those. They were serama x old English game. I put in 6 eggs, and of those 6, we saw growth in 5 of them. It’s 1 gamefowl egg, the one pictured below, and 5 serama x old English game.
For reference: this egg is a gamefowl egg
View attachment 2540922
View attachment 2540900
Looks perfect!

Back
Top Bottom